The Auto Gunner features a circular base with four small Barrels in the front; the outermost two are a bit shorter, they are placed slightly under the main ones, which makes them look twice as thin as the middle Barrels.It gets an Auto Turret that automatically fires Bullets at anything that comes into its FoV(Field of View) and only stops when there is nothing nearby to shoot or until death. It can not be upgraded further.
- The Auto Gunner gains an additional auto turret.
- Bullet Speed and Reload is increased.
- Penetration and Damage is decreased.
|Health Regen||Max Health||Body Damage||Bullet Speed||Bullet Penetration||Bullet Damage||Reload||Movement Speed|
- Strong against: Body Damage based tanks, Auto Tanks, rammers/meele tanks slow tanks with low Penetration and Damage, Destroyer branch (if used correctly), Triplets and Penta Shots.
- Weak against: Sniper branch and other classes with high Penetration and Bullet Speed.
As the Auto Gunner
With the addition of the Auto Turret, Auto Gunners can now focus on one target while the Auto Turret is either helping to add more firepower, or shooting someplace else to defend the Auto Gunner from enemies flanking the player, or farming for it.
The Auto Turret has a larger FoV than the Gunner, so it is best to let it shoot when its target gets out of the player’s FoV.
This tank is very effective against rammers. Despite the small bullets, they may easily even take down a Spike with build 3/10/10/10 or a Booster with build 5/7/7/0/0/0/7/7 if your bullet stats are or almost maxed out.
The Auto Gunner is very susceptible to Rangers, or long ranged tanks in general. With their larger FoV, they can snipe the player without warning. Not even the Auto Turret can scope them. The only solution to this is to dodge and escape.
It's important to face where the Auto Turret goes. It may not prioritize targets well, but it is an extra Bullet to the player's enemy which can make a significant difference in Penetration and overall Bullet Damage.
In Maze Mode, this is a great counter to a Factory and the Auto Trapper, due to the few stray bullets that go through the opposing fire, but do NOT get backed into a corner. At that point you are very vulnerable and have almost no means of escaping.
The Auto Gunner is a good choice for Survival, as the high RoF and the Auto Turret can kill most players from leveling up to a tank like an Overlord, Hybrid, or Annihilator which are Auto Gunner counters.
Against the Auto Gunner
The Hybrid is a good counter, as the drones can distract the Turret while you guide in for one shot killing the Auto Gunner. The large bullet that you fire can also penetrate through the Auto Gunner's small bullets. Annihilator works too. But be careful, the Auto Gunners bullets are extremely fast, they may easily dodge your bullets while shooting decent bullets at you.
The Triplet or Sprayer is a great counter to the Auto Gunner. The high RoF and DPS you have can overwhelm the Auto Turret and can deal fast damage to the Auto Gunner, but be careful when the Auto Gunner has maxed out bullet penetration, then they may prevent your bullets from touching them.
- Previously, the Auto Gunner’s turret did not target Dominators, Drones, Polygons, or Crashers, until a recent update, which also slightly buffed the Auto Gunner. Before the update, its Bullets were the same as the normal Gunner, and the Auto Turret only attacked enemies within half of your FoV. (Field of Vision)
- The Smasher branch does less damage to the Auto Gunner, from what players noticed. (Only speculated).
- The Auto Trapper and Auto Smasher are the only Classes with an Auto Turret that works like the Auto Gunner’s.
- The Auto Gunner was the first Class to use an Auto Turret.
- On the first few hours of the November 19th update, players could control the Auto Turret of the Auto Gunner and other Tanks that used Auto Turrets, this feature was swiftly removed shortly after release.