Bosses are large AI-controlled enemies that spawn on maps after a given amount of time. They usually require more than one player to take down due to their large amounts of health and attack strength, other than the relatively weak bosses.
Bosses can be found in any Game Mode except Maze mode, and some of them can enter Bases without getting harmed in Team Modes. They give 30,000 experience points to the player who destroys them (the one who deals the finishing blow), which is enough to instantly upgrade a player from Level 1 to Level 45. Defeating a Boss for the first time also grants the player an achievement, while killing a total of 10 Bosses grants the player another achievement.
A Boss will spawn 10-13 minutes after the server’s start, and 15-23 minutes after the death of the last Boss. When a Boss spawns, a notification will appear at the top of every player’s screen: “The (Boss Name) has spawned!” Only 1 Boss can spawn and be active at a time. To prevent unfair deaths, Bosses do not target tanks under Level 15, unless they are provoked first.
A notification also appears when a Boss dies. When a Boss is killed by a player, its death notification reads: “The (Boss Name) has been defeated by (player name)!” When a Boss is killed by a Base Protector, the message simply reads “(Boss Name) has been defeated by an unnamed tank!”
There are currently 5 Bosses in the game. Any Bosses with green names are targeted by Base protectors automatically. Bosses with cyan names are not targeted unless the Protectors are provoked via direct physical contact.
|Guardian of the Pentagons||Summoner||Defender|
|Fallen Booster||Fallen Overlord|
- That was tough — Kill a Boss
- Boss Hunter — Kill 10 Bosses
- Before 24th August 2016, the mechanics of how Bosses work were different, which are listed below:
- As of 21st February 2017, defeating Bosses now awards the player with achievements.
- The first AI Boss, the Guardian, was added in a secret update that wasn’t mentioned in the Changelog on August 17th.
- More Bosses were secretly being added on the next, and the following day. Even more were added later.
- So far, a majority of the Bosses use Drones to kill players.
- In the notifications added to the game to show when a Boss has spawned, the Guardian is labelled as, “The Guardian of the Pentagons”. This is due in part to it being a Crasher based Boss, which have long defended the Pentagon Nest.
- The Bosses are the only Al-entities which give a kill notification to everybody saying who destroyed them.
- All Bosses are polygon-shaped besides the two Fallen Bosses.
- Bosses are not on any team, hence any player including the Arena Closers can harm them.
|Guardian • Summoner • Defender|