The Defender is an AI-controlled Boss that was added on August 23rd, 2016. The Defender has a chance to spawn 10-13 minutes after the server starts, and 15-23 minutes after the death of the previous boss.
It has approximately 2,250 - 2,400 health points, however, it heals slowly. Its launchers have a high reload, and its Auto Turrets have an average fire rate. Its traps are normal sized with high penetration and damage. Auto Turrets and bullets act identically to the Auto 5, but have a lower speed. The Defender is slow and suffers no recoil.
- Upon destruction, it awards 30,000 experience and score points.
- Its movements are complex. For fact, when there is a player near the Boss, you can notice as the Boss changes its path depending on the position of the player, it may move away and sometimes stop.
- It is not targeted by the Base Protectors unless it provokes them and the Base itself has an effect on it.
- The Defender has auto-spin passively enabled.
- Strong Against: Low DPS, melee classes, drone classes (Unless distracted), spread classes, most Trappers
- Weak Against: High DPS, high range, focused fire classes (except Streamliner), Destroyer class (Hybrid, Annihilator)
- Use a Destroyer (Annihilator, Hybrid), as one giant bullet with good penetration stats can plow right through many of the Defender’s tough Traps.
- Use a Triplet, as it is a great DPS and a focused fire tank.
- Use a Gunner Trapper or possibly an Auto Trapper, as you can defend yourself while shooting decent bullets.
- DO NOT use Body Damage focused builds, other Trappers, Drone or solely Auto classes as they will not be able to get through the trap/bullet storm, instead you are digging your own grave while moving close to it.
- Use a Ranger or Predator to hit the Defender. Make sure to be far away enough.
- For some tanks the boss may be hard to avoid being killed by because the turrets are spread out enough that it is hard to avoid being hit. The traps/bullets may be slightly stronger than normal ones.
- It is the first boss to use Traps and wield Auto Turrets.
- The Defender, alongside Arena Closers and neutral Dominators, are the only entities to use yellow ammunition.
- When idle, the Defender slowly circles the arena until it sees a player.
- As of 22nd of August, when a boss spawns, a notification appears. The Defender’s is shown in the Gallery below.
- Although this boss’ launchers are about the same size as a Mega Trapper’s, it shoots regular size traps.
- The Defender’s Auto Turrets seem to have a complex behaviour. It is the only tank that uses Auto Turrets that are controlled by the Defender’s AI. The Defender’s Auto Turrets don’t control themselves, as other Auto Turrets do.
- The Defender is rather small compared to other Bosses.
|Guardian • Summoner • Defender|