|This page needs some cleanup. Refer to the Style Guide for more details. Make this article spotless or the Fallen Booster will give you an F!|
This page exists to discuss the notable differences between the Web and Mobile versions of Diep.io.
Each of the following will have links to each of the corresponding pages.
Game Modes Edit
Rather than point and click (and WASD or arrow key controls), the controls consist of 2 joysticks, one on the left side of the screen, and one on the right. By default, the left joystick is the move function, and the right joystick is to point and shoot. Alternatively, the game can be played by pointing in the direction you want to move/shoot using the touch screen. This makes classes like Necromancer very difficult to play because they rely heavily on the Drones to shield them from incoming fire. The only way to accomplish something of this sort is by spinning yourself around to decelerate the Drones. You can easily see how much more complicated simple controls can be like this.
Experience Gain / Upgrades Sidebar Edit
Although it may feel like you are gaining more experience in mobile than in PC, there’s absolutely no difference in the rate that you gain experience. For instance, 50 points in mobile will put you just below a level 5 tank; the exact same as the web version.
The only time you can see your upgrades in mobile is when you have Skill Points to spend. In the browser version, you can scroll into the bottom left to view upgrades that you have made, but this is not available in Mobile Diep.io except when you view the scoreboard. Your score will be at the bottom of the scoreboard.
Pause Button - The “Pause” button in the top left corner of the screen serves as an exit function. By tapping on it, a confirmation message will ask if you really want to leave or not.
Minimap - This is different for every gamemode, although the maps in the Mobile version are the basically the same as the PC version. A minimap is located on screen below the pause button. Your location will appear as a black triangle, with the sharp point facing the same direction you are.
Scoreboard - In the top right corner of the screen, there is a function that hides or shows the leaders (leading team for Tag Mode). Unlike the PC version, the mobile version’s scoreboard only shows the top 5 players, wheras the PC version displays the top 10. If you have less points than the person in 5th place, your points will be shown only to yourself on the bottom of the leaderboard.
Leader Arrow - As you would expect, the leader arrow points to where the top player is. When you are within range, the arrow will go away. A leader arrow is not displayed if you are the leader.
Experience Bar - The experience bar displays your tank’s level along with how close you are to leveling up. Upgrades are available when you gain Levels.
Note: Some Classes that exist on the Computer version of Diep.io do not exist on the Mobile version of Diep.io.
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3
- Tier 4
- The mobile version’s new Predator is called the X Hunter.
- Maze, Sandbox, 2 Teams, 4 Teams, and (more recently) Mothership are not part of the mobile version.
- There is no preview for the classes in the mobile version, unlike the PC version, where you press the Y key to view the class tree.
- Only the top 5 players on the leaderboard are shown. The exception here is if the player is one of those 5 leaders, there will be a sixth place shown.
- Because the game uses joysticks, Overseer classes cannot repel, and cannot hold their Drones in a specific spot, only direct them to move towards a certain place.
- The X Hunter has a separate button for zooming.
- Some Classes that exist on the Computer version are not available in the mobile version. A few examples of this are the Battleship and Factory.