Not to be confused with the Necromancer which resembles the appearance of the Factory.
The Factory is a Tier 4 tank which is one of the six upgrade choices of the Overseer. The Factory spawns Factory Drones using its Spawners. The Factory may spawn new players out of its Spawner as a result of the 19/11/16 update, however this update is only effective on Team game modes.
The Factory features a square body with one Spawner.
The Factory can control a maximum of six AI Factory Drones which shoot Bullets at nearby objects and look like an Arena Closer. Each Factory Drone is smaller than a Level 1 player-controlled tank, and can be controlled just like a regular Drone, except that the Factory Drones do not actually go to ram the target — they keep a distance from it and once they reach a certain distance, they begin to rotate in a circle-like pattern around the target or the cursor. If a player right-clicks on the Factory Drones, they will be attracted to the cursor instead of repelling from it, creating a “star” pattern. Right-clicking away from the Factory Drones will repel just like a regular Drone.
|Health Regen||Max Health||Body Damage||Bullet Speed||Bullet Penetration||Bullet Damage||Reload||Movement Speed||Field of View|
- Bullet Speed: Increases Factory Drones’ Bullet Speed and Movement Speed.
- Bullet Penetration: Increases Factory Drones’ Bullet Penetration and Health.
- Bullet Damage: Increases Factory Drones’ Bullet and Body Damage (or simply Health).
- Reload: Increases Factory’s spawning rate of Factory Drones and as well Factory Drones’ rate of fire.
- Health Regen, Max Health, Body Damage and Movement Speed only make an effect on the Factory, just as how they buff other tanks.
It is good to note that Stat upgrades are instantly given to spawned Factory Drone Tanks once upgraded, unlike other Spawner Classes where the Drones must respawn to get the new Stats. Only a Factory Drone’s health regeneration require respawn to take an effect.
- Factory Drones’ Bullets are considerably smaller than normal, close to the Gunner’s Bullet size.
- As a result, they deal less damage, their Bullets are weak as the Bullets of Auto Turrets.
- Even with maxed out Bullet Speed and Reload, Factory Drones still shoot fewer Bullets that are slower than a maxed out Bullet Speed and Reload Tank.
- Factory Drones have a smaller FOV than AI Turrets.
- Factory Drones go after nearby shapes and tanks, but once the player is damaged, they will target whatever damaged their Factory.
- The Factory has a slight recoil as it spawns its Factory Drones.
- Strong Against: Low DPS, Machine Gun / Twin Branch, Nearby Snipers, Trapper branch (only with high Bullet stats), unaware Rammers, Bullet Spammers.
- Weak Against: High DPS tanks, Sniper Branches, Auto 5s, Overseer branch (except for the Battleship).
As the Factory
- Aim for any tank listed in ‘Strong Against' by hovering your cursor past them or by predicting where they will be, then fire so your Factory Drones will reach them in the least amount of time and avoid the counter-clockwise Orbit.
- If you see an Overseer or a ramming tank, recall your Factory Drones immediately and attack the Overseer’s Drones / rammer (or attack the Overseer if it’s at low health and their Drones are far enough away). If you can get your Factory Drones to collide with the rammer, they are almost guaranteed to kill it.
- If you are aiming for a high score on 2 or 4 Teams, just sit idle in the Pentagon Nest and let your Factory Drones do all the work (as long as your team has full control over the Pentagon Nest).
- A glass cannon build (all bullet-enhancing stat investments) is the recommended choice for this class, the rammer build will be ineffective (unless you are able to bait people into colliding with you).
- The Factory Drones tend to circle around a target if firing at them for more than a few seconds. This can be helpful against Tanks with more precise bullets or low bullet spread.
- If you know what you’re doing, you can try to ram the target with your Factory Drones as all of them packed together with max Health can deal a great amount of damage to anything that dares to try and get past them by physical force.
- A trick the player can use as the Factory against tanks that can't address every side simultaneously (i.e. the Sprayer, Sniper or the Triplet) is by separating the player and his/her Factory Drones apart. The opponent would have to choose between either trying to kill the player, thus endangering the opponent because of the player's Drones, or trying to kill the Factory Drones, thus saving themselves but taking up the time it takes to kill the player.
- The Factory is also a great choice for Survival. As the Factory Drones could create a large bullet wall that can kill most players from upgrading to a tank that can counter a Factory like the Auto Gunner or Auto 5 for example.
- Factories were very popular in Domination, as the Factory Drones can spam a bunch of bullets at Dominators and enemies which prove both for offense and defense.
Against the Factory
- If you are a tank on the Sniper branch with a larger field of few, fire at the Factory when it’s distracted or on auto mode or if its Drones are far away enough. The Ranger in particular will be a serious threat for the Factory as it has a significantly larger large field of view than the Factory and can strike many times before its location is discovered.
- If you are on the Overseer branch, try to guide your Drones to this tank (preferably from behind so it has less time to react).
- If you are tank from the Trapper branch, form a Trap wall around you and try to lure in the Factory or attack if you have bullet speed invested.
- If the Drones are far away from the tank then you can ram it. Factories usually have a somewhat glass cannon build. Be alert if the Drones appear to be unusually slow and weak in damage, this can be a sign that the Factory is running a Body Damage build.
- As a ramming tank, do not try to speed through its Factory Drones as you will take collision damage and have your health worn down. Try to ram the Factory in a place where the Factory Drones are in the least concentrated (i.e. closely packed) amount. This can be done using a level 1 tank if the Factory is extremely low on health and its Drones are nowhere near it.
- This tank was released on the 8th of November, 2016.
- This tank was called the Master when it was first released.
- On the day it was introduced, an update came out that changed the appearance of The Factory, it used to have a circular body with three spawners and looked very similar to the Overtrapper. There was also a function added, if the player pressed E or clicked, it would force the Factory Drones to shoot towards the cursor.
- On November 19, 2016 the Factory had a chance of spawning new players.
- It is the first tank to use Factory Drones’ function.
- It is the first tank to have a purple background on the icon.
- This tank alongside the Necromancer and the Summoner (Boss) are the only entities that feature squares as their base.
- The Factory was once named Master and had no differences besides it had three Factory Drone Spawners.
- With the Factory Upgrade, the Overseer gains the most number of available Upgrades (6 in total).
- The Factory resembles a Necromancer with one Spawner, similar to the Manager.
- It has a small chance of spawning in a new player (as of November 19). It is the first tank to do so.
- You can drag the Factory Drones with right click if they are near enough to your cursor.
- Maxing out Bullet Penetration and Bullet Damage upgrade will give Factory Drones roughly around 3.2× the health/defense of a Pentagon.
- The Factory Drones are unable to entry enemy base. As they try to enter, they will be blocked outside and take damage.
- Factory Drones are the only drones that reassemble the appearance of an actual tank.