Not to be confused with the Necromancer which resembles the appearance of the Factory.
The Factory is a Tier 4 tank which is one of the six current Upgrade choices of the Overseer. It may not upgrade any further. The Factory spawns Factory Drones using its Spawners. The Factory may spawn new players out of its Spawner as a result of the 19/11/16 update, but this update is only effective on Team game modes.
The Factory features a square body with one Spawner mounted at the front. The old version of Factory featured a circular body with 3 Spawners around it. That version was called Master, and was removed soon after the Factory’s introduction. It is the second playable tank to have a square body, with the first being the Necromancer.
The Factory can control a maximum of six AI Factory Drones which shoot very small Bullets (about as large as a Gunner’s) at nearby objects and look like an Arena Closer. These bullets do not do much damage—about as much as an Auto Turret. Even with maxed out Bullet Speed and Reload, a Factory Drone still shoots fewer and slower Bullets than a maxed out Bullet Speed and Reload Tank. The Factory Drones’ FoV is smaller than that of an AI Turret.
Each Factory Drone is smaller than a Level 1 player-controlled tank, and can be controlled just like a regular Drone, except that the Factory Drones do not actually ram targets — they keep a distance from it and once they reach a certain distance, they begin to rotate in a circle-like pattern around the target or the cursor. When not controlled, Factory Drones go after nearby Polygons and Tanks, but once the player is damaged, they will target whatever damaged their Factory. If a player right-clicks on the Factory Drones, they will be attracted to the cursor instead of repelling from it, creating a “star” pattern. Right-clicking away from the Factory Drones will repel just like a regular Drone.
|Health Regen||Max Health||Body Damage||Bullet Speed||Bullet Penetration||Bullet Damage||Reload||Movement Speed||Field of View|
- Bullet Speed: Increases Factory Drones’ Bullet Speed and Movement Speed.
- Bullet Penetration: Increases Factory Drones’ Bullet Penetration and Health.
- Bullet Damage: Increases Factory Drones’ Bullet and Body Damage (or simply Health).
- Reload: Increases Factory’s spawning rate of Factory Drones and as well Factory Drones’ rate of fire.
- Health Regen, Max Health, Body Damage and Movement Speed only make an effect on the Factory, just as how they buff other tanks.
It is good to note that Stat upgrades are instantly given to spawned Factory Drone Tanks once upgraded, unlike other Spawner Classes where the Drones must respawn to get the new Stats. Only a Factory Drone’s health regeneration require respawn to take an effect.
- Strong Against: Machine Gun / Twin Branch, Nearby Snipers, Trapper branch (only with high Bullet stats), Rammers.
- Weak Against: Destroyers (if the Factory is caught by surprise), Overseer branch, distant Sniper branch tanks, lucky Auto 5s and Skimmers, Battleship.
As the Factory
- Players can aim for any tank listed in ‘Strong Against’ by hovering the cursor past them or by predicting where they will be, then fire so the Factory Drones will reach them in the least amount of time and avoid the counter-clockwise Orbit.
- If the player sees an Overseer or a ramming tank, recall any Factory Drones that are far away immediately and attack the Overseer’s Drones / rammer (or attack the Overseer if it’s at low health and their Drones are far enough away). If any Factory Drones collide with the rammer, they are almost guaranteed to kill it.
- If aiming for a high score on 2 or 4 Teams, players should just sit idle in the Pentagon Nest and let the Factory Drones do all the work (as long as the player’s team has full control over the Pentagon Nest).
- The Factory Drones tend to circle around a target if firing at them for more than a few seconds. This can be helpful against Tanks with more precise bullets or low bullet spread.
- If the player is good enough, trying to ram the target with the Factory Drones may be a good idea, as all of them packed together with max Health can deal a great amount of damage to anything that dares to try and get past them by physical force.
- A trick the player can use as the Factory against tanks that can’t address every side simultaneously (i.e. the Sprayer, Sniper, or the Triplet) is by separating the player and his/her Factory Drones apart. The opponent would have to choose between either trying to kill the player, thus endangering the opponent because of the player’s Drones, or trying to kill the Factory Drones, thus saving themselves but taking up the time it takes to kill the player.
- The Factory is also a great choice for Survival, since the Factory Drones could create a large bullet wall that can kill most players from upgrading to a tank that can counter a Factory like the Auto Gunner or Auto 5.
- Factories are very popular in Domination, as the Factory Drones can spam a bunch of bullets at Dominators and enemies for both offensive and defensive purposes.
Against the Factory
- If the player is a tank on the Sniper branch with a larger FoV, fire at the Factory when it’s distracted or on auto mode or if its Drones are far away enough. The Ranger in particular will be a serious threat for the Factory as it has a significantly larger large field of view than the Factory and can strike many times before its location is discovered. A Stalker is able to fire many times at the Factory while invisible, dealing great damage to the Factory while invisible. Keeping a Factory at the edge of the screen while changing position every time the Stalker or Ranger fires is crucial to killing a Factory. The Predator can use the same strategy as a Ranger, right clicking to see the Factory and firing when it's Drones are absent.
- Auto Tanks Iike the Auto 5, Auto Gunner, or the Auto Trapper could use their defenses to block the Factory Drones and their bullets, while also shooting at the Factory itself.
- Players using the Overseer branch should try to guide the Drones to this tank (preferably from behind so it has less time to react).
- When a tank from the Trapper branch, it is best for players to form a Trap wall and try to lure in the Factory or attack if Bullet Speed has enough skill points invested in it.
- If the Drones are far away from the tank then ramming it could be a good idea. Factories usually have a somewhat glass cannon build. Players should be alert if the Drones appear to be unusually slow and weak in damage; this can be a sign that the Factory is running a Body Damage build.
- As a ramming tank, players should not try to speed through its Factory Drones as collision damage will be very high and the player’s health could be worn down. Try to ram the Factory in a place where the Factory Drones are in the least concentrated (i.e. closely packed) amount. This can be done using a Level 1 Tank if the Factory is extremely low on health and its Drones are nowhere near it. However, players should be very careful when using this tactic, as the Factory could smash his Drones into the player when doing so.
- As a Skimmer, players should try and shoot bullets behind the Factory as it will probably have it’s drones in front of it and it’s back will be exposed, enabling the small bullets to hit it, thus doing damage.
- As the Battleship, a glass build is best for fighting a Factory. making use of the arc of drones can go around the Factory Drones and attack the Factory, doing quick damage to the Factory and killing it. Another strategy would be to take your controlled drones in front of you to bock any bullets from the Factory, and letting the AI drones attack the Factory instead, this allows for less damage to be taken, but the Factory may escape.
- A great disadvantage of the Factory is its painfully slow drones. This can be used by fast melée tanks to kill it.
- This tank was released on the 8th of November, 2016.
- This tank was called the Master when it was first released.
- On the day it was introduced, an update came out that changed the appearance of The Factory, it used to have a circular body with three spawners and looked very similar to the Overtrapper, which was called Master. There was also a function added, if the player pressed E or clicked, it would force the Factory Drones to shoot towards the cursor.
- On November 19, 2016 the Factory had a chance of spawning new players.
- This tank, alongside the Necromancer and the Summoner, are the only entities whose bodies are square-shaped.
- In a previous version, the Factory was called “Master,” had three Spawners instead of one, and sported a circular body instead of a square one.
- It is the first tank to use other tanks as Weapons.
- It is the first tank to have a purple background on the icon.
- With the introduction of the Factory, the Overseer gained the greatest number of available upgrades (six in total).
- As of November 19th, there is a very small chance for new players to spawn out of it. It is the only tank with such a feature.
- Maxing out Bullet Penetration and Bullet Damage upgrade will give Factory Drones roughly around 3.2× the HP of a Pentagon.
- The Factory has a slight recoil as it spawns its Drones.