|This article lacks images. If you have any pictures related to this subject, please add them on this page.|
The Gunner Trapper was released unnamed on July 18, 2016, and was named on July 22, 2016. It is one of the five tanks that branches off the Trapper and one of the three Upgrade choices from Gunner. It may not further upgrade.
The Gunner Trapper features a circular base. It has only two Gunner barrels on the front (but with much more Bullet Damage and Penetration than Gunners) in exchange for a slightly larger Trap Launcher on the back, which has a slower base reload.
The Gunner Trapper has two Barrels and one Launcher giving it access to both Bullets and Traps. The Barrels have a decent Reload while its Launcher has a lower Reload. The Barrels are also as small as the Gunner’s barrels. Its Bullets have a great Bullet Speed, normal Bullet Damage, and weak Bullet Penetration. Its Traps are slightly bigger than Trapper’s, Tri-Trapper’s and Overtrapper’s. It also possesses a great Trap damage and Penetration while lowering Trap Speed.
- Strong against: Body Damage based tanks, Gunners, Auto Gunners, Drone Classes (new users / bad build tanks), slow tanks with low Penetration, low Reload tanks, tanks who aren't aware of its high penetration, Auto Tanks, Penta Shots and Spread Shots (if used correctly).
- Weak against: Bullet spammers, the Destroyer branch, high DPS tanks like the Triplet and Sprayer, tanks with good Penetration, fast tanks, Overseer Classes (skilled user + good build), other Trapper Classes, Bosses.
As the Gunner Trapper
This tank is very versatile—the combination of Traps and Bullets should scare off most targets. Even though the bullets are small and look weak, they do a surprisingly high amount of damage, all while having good penetration. Point the mouse at the target (the guns are on the front). If the target is one of the Gunner Trapper's weaknesses, turn around and point the Launcher at it (unless the target is fast, in which case point the guns at it and run while using their recoil and letting the Traps fall behind the pursuer). Skilled Drones|Drone users could weave their Drones through the barrage. If chased by a low reload Overlord / Overseer, point the launcher at the enemy's drones, while escaping or attacking. Tanks with Cannons can break right through your barrage so avoid those two at all costs. Trying to fight another Trapper Class will stall both tanks out, so don’t. If Sniper bullets appear, turn your Launcher towards them. Try not to fight Bosses with the Gunner Trapper with Drones, and it can be swarmed with the Boss' Drones, or stalled out with Traps. Still, the low level classes are ideal enemies to chase off because of their versatility.
If used correctly, the Gunner Trapper (and other trapper classes) can be a major counter to the Penta Shot and the Spread Shot. With terms of the Gunner Trapper, the player can use its traps to block the target’s bullets completely (assuming all bullet stats maxed out except for bullet speed). Then the Gunner Trapper can turn around and shoot against the target. The Penta Shot/Spread Shot doesn’t have a chance at destroying the player while they’re behind all their traps.
A Gunner Trapper could run the cursor through the Gunner Trapper very fast, over and over, so that the Gunner Trapper turns one way and then the other, deploying Traps and Bullets. They must be careful though. This may not be very effective against bullet spammers, it is best to keep shooting and running away, although, as stated above, you should avoid them unless they are a Penta Shot or a Spread Shot, in which case use the strategy above. A Gunner Trapper can also use its bullets to "ghost" through the enemy bullets, meaning that the Gunner Trapper's bullets are small enough to go right through enemy bullets. This could either be an advantage or a disadvantage, as even though the Gunner Trapper's bullets have a much higher chance to hit, the enemy bullets also have a higher chance, dodging would be recommended in this case.
Against the Gunner Trapper
A tank with high DPS and reload like a Triplet or Sprayer is effective against the Gunner Trapper since the Gunner bullets penetration is lower compared to other bullets. The massive amount of bullets can overwhelm the Gunner Trapper and any incoming Gunner bullets.
Overseer-branch classes are also effective against this tank, assuming that the drone stats are leveled up correctly. The best way to deal damage to this tank is to send the drones through open holes in the opponent's trap wall. It would be advised to repel in a different direction, the Gunner Trapper can shoot its powerful Traps into the Drones, killing most of the drones.
Destroyer-branch classes are significantly effective against the Gunner Trapper due to the penetration of the huge bullets. All the player has to do is shoot his/her huge bullets at the opponent through their traps, while trying to dodge the Gunner bullets by making use of massive recoil.
- It was one of the five tanks added on July 18th.
- When the update it was added in first dropped, it was one of three tanks that didn’t have a name. The Mega Trapper was named later that day. Still later, this tank was given the name Gunner Trapper, along with its previously unnamed kin the Overtrapper.
- Its Traps are medium-sized in comparison to the base Trapper’s small Traps and Mega Trapper’s large ones. Oddly, medium size traps do the same amount of damage as small ones.
- The Gunner Trapper’s launcher has the same size with the Mega Trapper.
- It is one of the 6 tanks that have multiple forms of ammunition, having Bullets & Traps: the others being the Hybrid (Bullets & Drones), Overtrapper (Traps & Drones), Auto Trapper (Traps & Auto Bullets), Auto Gunner (Bullets & Auto Bullets) and the Auto Smasher (Auto Bullets & Body Damage).