Levels are a game mechanic in Diep.io. Players level up by gaining score, through killing other players or by destroying Polygons. Your total score and level are represented by two bars below your name, as shown on the right. The top bar represents your total score whilst the bar compares your score as a percentage of the score of the Leader (the player at the top of the Scoreboard) - as such, when you are the leader, this bar is full. The bottom bar represents your current level, and your current progress to the next level; once this bar is full, you gain a level.
For every level you gain, up to level 28, you get a skill point (after which you get a skill point at level 30, and then every 3 levels afterward). Skill points are used to upgrade your stats. In the skill tree, shown to the right, you can use up to 7 total skill-points for each of 8 stats (except the Smasher branch, which can use up to 10 points, but only 4 stats. The Auto Smasher, however, has all 8 stats with a maximum of 10 points). There are a maximum of 33 skill points, so use them wisely, or the player will end up with an ineffective build.
Even two of the same tanks can vary widely based on how its skill points are distributed; these different skill point distributions are known as Builds. They vary between strict melee builds and ranged builds.
As you level up:
- The size of your tank and its ammunition will increase
- Your tank’s Health will increase by an approximate average of 23.3928571429 HP per level.
- Your Field of View (FOV) will increase
- Your Movement Speed will decrease
Should you die, you may respawn at a lower level, which fully depends on your level before you died.
Different game modes have different Experience modifiers.
- Free For All, Maze, 2 Teams, 4 Teams, and Sandbox have no experience multiplier.
- Domination and Tag Mode have an experience multiplier of x2.
- Mothership (Game mode) had an experience multiplier of x3.
- Survival has an experience multiplier of x5.
|Level||Points Needed||Points to Next Level||Respawn Level|
Eh you're trying — Reach 1K points
Starting to git gud — Reach 10K points
You aren't that bad at this — Reach 100K points
Okay you're pretty good — Reach 1m points
- In old versions of Diep.io (April 15th-17th), the level cap was 60 instead of 45.
| Auto Fire • Auto Spin • Invisibility • Levels • Tiers • Stats (Hidden)|
Minimap • Achievements
| Auto Turrets • Cannons •|
Launchers • Spawners
| Bullets • Traps|
Drones • Factory Drones
| Builds • Changelog •|
Controls • Scoreboard
|! Notifications • Arena Closing • Death Screen|