The Diep.io Wikia is currently in the process of Merging with the Diep.io Conception Wikia. Below is the outline for the plan to do so.
Preliminary — 1st Week Preparation
- A request for three Custom Namespaces is given to Staff. Done
- Concept: Done
- ToD: Done
- OPC: Done
- Staff begin the process of an image transfer from DCoW to DW. Done
- Features on DCoW, such as Forum & Chat, are slowly restricted bit-by-bit to encourage migration to DW infrastructure. Done
- Ursuul promotes all DCoW Staff to Staff on DW. Done
- DCoW Rules & Chat Logs transferred to DW. Done
- Forum Overhaul.
- No Boards are closed, as an infinite number of Boards can be created. Done
- DCoW are allowed to create any Boards they need. Done
- DCoW are offered the chance to alter Forum Rules. Done
- The Great Category Project begins on DCoW.
- Fanon & Conceptions Categories are added to every single DCoW page with the help of Özün Oldun. 24 hour deadline. Done
- All OP Conceptions, if any remain, are located & categorized. 48 hour deadline after day three. Done
- All Tale of Diep Pages are identified, Categorized as ToD if not already. Extended Tale of Diep are not included. 48 hour deadline to complete, after day one. Done
- Remaining 48 hours used to tie up loose ends or as padding if behind schedule. Done
- After Category Project finishes, Özün Oldun is used to sysop-protect every single page on DCoW. Any new pages after that are deleted. Done
The Motherload™ — 2nd Week hauling pages
- Custom Namespaces come online, ready to accept articles. Not Done
- Image dump goes at its own pace. Not Done
- Request is sent to Staff to begin the Forum Merge. Done
- Special:Chat is shut off on DCoW, redirected to DW Chat. Done
All DCoW Discussion Posts are deleted, redirect to DW Discussions.
- DCoW Forum locked down in preparation for Forum Merge. Done
- All DCoW Staff are demoted except for Admins helping with the Merge. Done
- The Great Transfer begins. Not Done
- All 3,000 pages are imported to DW, including associate templates. Not Done
- Özün Oldun renames each page by Category, placing the pages within the appropriate Custom Namespace. Not Done
- Regex Bot automatically corrects links to lead to the appropriate pages, accounting for Namespaces. Not Done
- The file dump from Staff allows all images to continue to function. Not Done
- After all is said & done, every single page would have been moved from DCoW to its appropriate Custom Namespace on DW, with all Templates, Images, & Categories fully functioning. Not Done
- Discussions Overhaul Begins. Not Done
- AtM, Off-Topic, & Archive Categories are merged with General. Not Done
- DCoW Forum is merged with DCoW Discussions with Staff help. Not Done
- DcoW Discussions are then merged with DW Discussions with Staff help. Not Done
- DCoW are offered the chance to change up some Guidelines. Not Done
Cleanup — 3rd Week loose ends
- Any agreements made with DCoW beforehand will be honored. Not Done
- DCoW is put on full lockdown. Not Done
- All users are given the duration of the week to make sure that their pages are properly transferred to DW. Any content found to have been left behind will be recovered. Not Done
- Personal blogs can be transferred on a case-by-case basis. Not Done
- Any other problems will be dealt with as they arise. Not Done
- TopNav Overhaul. Not Done
- A fourth Tab will be created for DCoW content navigation. Not Done
- DCoW Community can help establish their preferred navigation. Not Done
- Main Page Overhaul. Not Done
- DCoW content navigation is included based off of new TopNav content. Not Done
- Featured & cleanup modules are removed. Not Done
- Code Transfer from DCoW to DW. Done
- Infobox Styles are transferred & preserved. Done
- CSS on DCoW is reviewed for anything else worth preserving, redundancies are removed. Done
- JS is similarly reviewed. Illuminati.js is transferred. Done
- Community Merge. Done
- The DCoW Community will begin using DW Chat, Forum, Discussions, Blogs, & other infrastructure for all their needs. Done
- New conceptions can now be created on DW in the appropriate namespaces. Not Done
- DCoW is quickly abandoned, with only Merge Helpers & stragglers remaining to take care of the last few loose ends. Not Done
Conclusion — 4th Week & beyond
- All remaining tasks are completed, both Communities agree that the Merge is concluded.
- Fandom Staff officially close DCoW & redirect it to DW.
- Three (roughly) Merge Architects are each given unique Merge Medals.
- Merge Tsar
- Merge Monarch
- Merge Sultan
- Outreach to other OP Conception Wikias will be made, & they will be offered the chance to join & add their content to the OP Conception custom namespace.
- Organization will be established, redundant pages will be deleted, general cleanup will occur.
- A massive party is held in celebration of the Merge, & then both Communities move forward, together forever.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Handled by Ursuul.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Handled by Zathsu.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Handled by DCoW Community.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Handled by Nobel.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Handled by SuperRobot9338.
- ↑ Handled by Ursuul & Zathsu.
- ↑ Handled by SuperRobot9338, Ursuul, & Zathsu.
- ↑ Handled by SuperRobot9338 & Ursuul.
- ↑ Handled by anyone.
- ↑ Handled by the newly merged Community.
- ↑ Hosted by the Diep.io Wikia Administration.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.