|This article lacks images. If you have any pictures related to this subject, please add them on this page.|
|The subject of this article is no longer in Diep.io! Please keep note while reading that this feature is archived and cannot be done/played in Diep.io anymore. It has now Fallen.|
The Mega Smasher was a class added on the 30th of July, 2016, and was removed from the game on August 7th because it served no purpose after the knockback reduction bonus was removed from all Smashers, and as its only improvement from the previous class was added knockback reduction, the Mega Smasher was a superfluous class. The Mega Smasher previously upgraded from the Smasher.
The Mega Smasher looked very similar to the normal Smasher, but had a much larger outer hull.
Like the Smasher, it suffered less knockback from projectiles, but had more knockback resistance than Smasher, as well as being far more durable. However, it was slightly slower than Smasher. Due to the slower Movement Speed, some players preferred not to upgrade, and instead stuck with the Smasher Class, or upgraded to the Landmine for its ability to turn invisible. Like the rest of the tanks in the Smasher branch, its Stats could be upgraded up to 10.
- Similar strategies to the Smasher apply.
- Avoid Overseers and Overlords.
- You have a chance against Necromancers and cornered tanks.
- You can probably take down Body Damage based Destroyers assuming they don’t use their bullet knockback to flee.
- You would also make a perfect guard/teammate for any tank with high coverage, such as the Penta Shot or Octo Tank as well as Overseers & Overlords as their weakness is no defense.
- Due to the thicker hexagonal shell, this tank looked like the biggest of the playable tanks.
- Like the Smasher, the developers originally wanted this to be a secret tank branch, but after everyone realized its existence, they revealed it in the Changelog and added another upgrade to the Smasher, the Landmine.
- The most likely replacement for this class is the Spike, since it has increased body damage but slower movement speed.
- This is the second class removed from the game, the first being the Machine Gun II. The Mega Smasher was removed because the knockback reduction ability of the Smasher branch was removed, rendering the Mega Smasher a completely useless Upgrade.