The Octo Tank is one of the two current final Upgrades from the Quad Tank and is available to upgrade at Level 45. It cannot upgrade any further. On July 30th, 2016 both it and the Triple Twin’s health was nerfed.
- Bullet Penetration is decreased.
- Bullet Damage is decreased.
- Reload is slightly increased.
|Health Regen||Max Health||Body Damage||Bullet Speed||Bullet Penetration||Bullet Damage||Reload||Movement Speed|
- Strong Against: Multiple enemies, slow melee tanks, Drone wielding tanks.
- Weak Against: High DPS, tanks with focused fire, Destroyer branch, fast melee tanks.
As the Octo Tank
- Recommended builds for the Octo Tank include a glass cannon or general upgrades. A glass cannon build concentrates on Bullets and not on health Stats, and is vulnerable to fast moving rammers such as the Booster. Using C+E is highly recommended to create a nearly impenetrable zone of bullets. This works well for farming Polygons, too.
- An Octo Tank with general upgrades can generally defend well against anything, but is vulnerable to Machine Guns, Gunners, and any other tanks with high Reload and maximum Bullet Penetration.
- An unskilled Tri-Angle or a Booster can be easily destroyed by an Octo Tank without taking much damage in return, due to the Octo Tank’s massive firepower..
- Players should maximize their Bullet Penetration to balance their vulnerable body if they have low Body Damage, but should beware of Boosters as they may have very high Body Damage which might kill instantly. However, players can also try and catch unsuspecting prey by increasing Max Health and Body Damage along with Bullet Speed and Movement Speed.
- Beware that the Octo Tank only fires one Bullet in each direction, so it’s not very easy to combat high RoF tanks, such as the Machine Gun, Sprayer or Triplet. If you turn on both auto keys, you can slightly counter the attack.
- As the Octo Tank in any team mode, if you max your Bullet Penetration and Damage, and head to the Pentagon Nest, you can act as a shield for the whole area. An Octo Tank needs its team too or else it will be vulnerable as someone could kill it easily using a Twin-class or Gunner-class tank.
- You can counter low-Level Snipers with not fully upgraded Bullet Stats, but not Destroyers, Hybrids, or Annihilators.
- In Team modes, try to make a team that includes at least one Trapper, one high DPS tank like the Triplet, and one Drone user. This will maximize your chances of survival, as these are all tanks you would have trouble killing if they were the enemy.
- Players should get at least 3 or 4 people on their team to gather near the enemy base, and become Octo Tank. Then, they should turn on Auto Spin and Auto Fire. This will force newly spawned players to stay in their base, while others can kill the better players on the enemy team. Be wary; this may cause a degree of lag. Even Triplets and Sprayers will be unable to touch the team, and only another team of high RoF (Rate of Fire) tanks will be able to counter the Octo Tanks.
- This tank is suitable to play in the FFA gamemode because with eight cannons, it is able to counter multiple enemies at once.
- The Octo Tank is also a good choice in Survival, as the bullet storm can take down most enemies from upgrading to a class that may take down an Octo Tank like the Annihilator or Triplet.
- A build with no Bullet Speed can make a "hurricane" around the Octo Tank if the Octo uses C+E, making it hard to dodge an Octo Tank. The Octo Tank can chase down enemies with a bullet shield, blocking any enemy bullets. This can be effective against snipers and also effecttive for finding any invisible tanks, like the Manager.
Against the Octo Tank
- This can be very dangerous due to the Cannons surrounding it making it harder to approach. However, an easy way of defeating an Octo Tank is to use any focused firing tanks with max Penetration and shoot in the little gaps between the Cannons.
- To counter an Octo Tank, use tanks from the Destroyer or Sniper branches. The Octo Tank’s bullets can’t counter the destroyer or sniper’s strong Bullets, so you can easily hit and kill it.
- Alternatively, a skilled Tri-Angle or Booster can dodge the storm of Bullets, and ram the Octo Tank between the Cannons. Beware when there are other tanks around, as ramming the Octo Tank will leave you low on health.
- An Overlord or Overseer can use their Drones to flank the Octo Tank through the gap between its Cannons.
- Heavy concentrated fire from the Machine Gun or the Sprayer can easily wipe out an overlooking Octo Tank. A high rate of fire combined with a strong Bullet Penetration will obliterate the Octo Tank, as it lacks concentrated fire in one direction.
- Using a Triple Twin is acceptable against an Octo Tank, however, because a Triple Twin’s Bullet Penetration and Damage is lower than that of a Twin’s, it isn't really recommended.
- Penta Shots work quite well against Octo Tanks. The high DPS and slightly-concentrated fire of the Penta Shot can easily out-penetrate the Octo Tank’s, while decreasing the chances of flanking if/when the Octo Tank does Auto Spin and Auto Fire.
- Trapper classes can block incoming Bullets and slowly approach the Octo Tank, and thus harm it. A good example of this is the Mega Trapper, which can shoot huge, high damage Traps to push to the Octo Tank. This however, is a highly skilled technique.
- In very old versions of Diep.io, the Max Level was 60, and the path to get the Octo Tank was like this: Tank → Twin → Triple Shot → Quad Tank → Octo Tank.
- Therefore, at that time it was a Tier 5 tank.
- Before August 15th, it branched off the Twin Flank at Level 45, it was then removed by it’s upgrade and replaced with Battleship. It now only branches off Quad Tank.