The Predator is one of the two current choices that branch off the Hunter. The Predator can move the camera to seek other players in the direction the cursor is facing by clicking the right mouse button, or the Shift key. Predator may not upgrade any further.
It features a circle as its body and 3 Cannons in front, with the wider barrels overlapping the longer ones. Its current design is similar to the removed X Hunter.
|Health Regen||Max Health||Body Damage||Bullet Speed||Bullet Penetration||Bullet Damage||Reload||Movement Speed|
- Compared to the Hunter:
- As it has been fused with the X Hunter,
- It has increased Bullet Damage & Bullet Penetration.
- It has three barrels instead of two.
- It has decreased Reload.
- It has the ability to move the camera through the use of right clicking (MOUSE2) or by pressing the Shift.
- This ability will as well have the camera position locked to the new position, allowing the Predator to move to a different spot (e.g. the Spawn Base) while the player behind it is still able to spectate the new view. Using this, the Predator can see the leader arrow even if it is the leader (Tested Sandbox, Bottom Right Corner, Use Scope Off the Map, Move to Top Left Corner. Try it yourself!)
- As it has been fused with the X Hunter,
- Strong Against: Slow-firing tanks such as the Destroyer, low damage per second tanks, Bosses (except the Fallen Booster), the Trapper and its upgrades, and drone-controlling tanks if inside its FOV.
- Weak Against: Triplet, Sprayer, and other fast firing cannons, skilled drone users, rammers. Beware a close-range fight. You are vulnerable if you use your field of vision to try and kill someone else, as this makes your tank unable to be seen.
As the Predator
- Play this tank similarly to other Sniper classes.
- Remember to use your extended field of view to your advantage. One trick is to move your camera, then move your tank backwards. The camera does not move, but your tank is moved. Beware, as you might no longer see your tank and be killed by sneak attacks, such as rammers.
- This tank is good for engaging 1 on 1 fights with Bosses and neutral Dominators. Since the camera could be useful for scoping them, that way, your opponents won't attack back.
- When fighting a Triple Twin, make sure to be out of it's field of veiw and shoot at the gaps between the barrels, this strategy can be great for driving out a Triple Twin as well as the Octo Tank, possibly killing it as well.
- It is advisable to kill every single tank on sight before moving your camera because the Predator is very vulnerable when moving their view. It’s best if you move your camera then retreat into your base in team modes if the enemy team is stronger. In 2 Teams, if your team is dominating the leaderboard, you can farm points off of the enemy tanks coming out of their base. With the extended field of view, you can see into the enemy base while out of range of the Protectors. It is also advised to turn auto fire on when scoping, so at least you will have a chance to defend yourself.
- The Predator is a good choice for Survival, the strong and fast bullets you fire may kill most players from upgrading to a counter tank like the Booster or Triplet.
Against the Predator
- The Predator is vulnerable while it has its camera moved somewhere else. While you can’t tell if it is moving its camera, you could flank it by firing bullets at it.
- Rammers are very effective, the Predator has a low reload and is usually very slow so it is a very easy target when your stats are high on movement speed, you may easily chase it down and kill it.
- Bullet spammers can overwhelm a Predator due to the low reload, good choices include the Triplet or Penta Shot. However, the Predator's bullet stats are very high (except for reload) and can penetrate the spammer's bullets, so it is best to flank the Predator's sides.
- Drone wielding tanks like the Overlord or Manager could spread out the drones and flank the Predator by sides front and back, that way, the Predator could easily get overwhelmed and killed.
- As of 9th August, this tank had been merged with the X Hunter, receiving the X Hunter's design and triple bullets feature, and have the “zooming” ability of the original Predator kept.
- It is the only merged tank in the game so far.
- So far, it’s the only tank with the ability to move its camera.
- Its bullets can do a third to half of a Destroyer’s bullet damage, making it surprisingly dangerous.
- With enough patience and repetitive usage of the Auto Fire button, it is possible to stack all three bullets on top of each other so that they fire in sync.
- In the mobile version of Diep.io, the Predator retains its old name "X Hunter".