|This article needs some cleanup. Refer to the Style Guide for more details. Make this article spotless or the Fallen Booster will give you an F!|
Survival is completely life and death in Tag, there is a chance of being on the winning team but be warned, as the losing teams may kill you, and cause you to lose. Due to no bases being in Tag, the player must use their teammates or their weapons for protection.
The Streamliner is great for fighting down skilled auto or drone classes on the enemy team, like the Auto 5 or Auto 3 who is overwhelming low level teammates with their Auto Turrets. The straight line of bullets may fight off Overseers and Battleships on the enemy teams, but won't do well against skilled Overlords or Necromancers. An Overlord may guide it's drones pat the stream while a Necromancer will surround the Streamliner.
Necromancers are useful as well, you could swarm your teammates or enemies with your large drone count. The drone count surrounding teammates may protect them from enemy fire and swarming multiple enemies can be used to take down the enemy team(s). This makes the Necromancer thankfully effective but won't do well against tanks with spread fire, as they may take out the multiple drones that manage to surround them.
Destroyer classes are also a good choice. One shot killing players may deal quick teammate loss against the enemy teams. It is very effective to kill even the enemies with spread fire, such as the Penta Shot or Octo Tank. Try benefiting your slow, easy to dodge bullets with the stat table to make it easier to hit enemies. The Skimmer may have advance on this along with this as back barrels on their bullets to hit missed targets.
A ramming Booster is a very good choice for Tag if you want to survive for the longest you since it has a very large supply of health and speed, you can defend yourself and run away from the hordes of enemy tanks and smash into the weak tanks that have nobody on their team defending them. Just don't run into Traps and Destroyer Bullets or any other ammunition that deals a high amount of Damage. If you are on low health do not attack anyone and run away from any bullets and do not ram into anything since that will stop you from regenerating.
- Like the 4 Teams servers, it has four teams: red, blue, purple, and green.
- When a player dies, the player will join the killer’s team. If a Polygon or Boss kills a player, the player will respawn in the same team.
- Players can’t become fully invisible, unlike the other Gamemodes.
- This game mode has triple experience points gain similar to the removed Mothership.
- The battle area shrinks as time proceeds.
- There are no bases, similar to Free For All, Survival and the removed Mothership Gamemode instead players will spawn randomly all over the map
- Once a team captures every player, that team wins and the arena will be closed, as shown in the image above.
- It was originally added on June 5th but soon removed 2 hours later due to lag. It was later re-added on August 15th.
- Players directly became a member of the opposing team at that time when they got killed, contrary to the common belief that Players become a member of the opposing team upon respawn.
- As of August 17th, the map slowly gets smaller as time progresses. Previously, they grew and shrunk as players joined and left the server respectively, much like Sandbox.
- As of August 23rd, the Game Mode now has 4 teams, adding the colors Purple and Green.
- During August 26th, the Game Mode had a Dominator in the middle of the servers, inside the Pentagon Nest.
- The Dominator was soon removed on August 27th
- As of November 12th, Tag has been renamed from Tag Mode to Tag. The win condition and gimmicks stay the same.
- There's technically no way to lose; since the winning team is the one that gets all the players onto it, respawning to join the winning team while the winning team wins automatically makes you win as well.
- If you join in between arena closure and the team winning message, however, you can be on another team using the way Tag death works. Also, if you are the last surviving member of the team opposing the winning team, you can get killed by a Polygon/Boss and respawn in the same team, though the other team would have won.
- Tag is the only game mode in which the player can switch teams without rejoining.
- Tag is also the only mode to have teams but with no bases, besides the removed Mothership.
- It is unknown why there no bases in this team mode, it may suspect that players could stay in their ally base as long as they want, preventing the enemy teams from killing that player which isn't fair at all. Then the game would have to end without a winner.
- Tag mode's party links are unsharable. It is the only game mode to do so (except survival mode)
| • • • |
• • •
|Removed Game Modes|