|This article needs some cleanup. Refer to the Style Guide for more details. Make this article spotless or the Fallen Booster will give you an F!|
Tag or Tag Mode is a Game Mode where the goal is to defeat all of the enemy team’s players and become the last Team standing. Players who are killed will be “tagged” and will join the team of the Tank that killed them, unless they were killed by a Polygon or a Boss. In this case, you will stay on the same team once you have died.
Survival is completely life and death in Tag, there is a chance of being on the winning team but be warned, as the losing teams may kill you, and cause you to lose. Due to there being no Bases in Tag, the player must use their teammates or their weapons for protection. There are often turnarounds in Tag, where one team is dominant but a smaller team manages to beat the bigger team and become the dominant team.
The Streamliner is great for fighting down skilled low RoF enemy players which deals quick teammate loss.
Necromancers are useful for protection as well, as the player could swarm your teammates or enemies with their Drone. This would prove both for offense and defense which deals quick teammate gain to your team. It can also cover many players at once in drones to protect them.
Destroyer classes are also a good choice. Being able to kill players with one shot may deal quick teammate loss against the enemy teams. So comeback tanks like enemy Penta Shots, Spread Shots, or Sprayers wouldn't stand a chance for the enemy team(s)' comeback.
A ramming Booster is a very good choice for Tag if you want to survive for the longest time. Since it has a very large supply of health and speed, you can defend yourself and run away from the hordes of enemy tanks and smash into the weak tanks that have nobody on their team defending them. Just don't run into Traps and Destroyer Bullets or any other ammunition that deals a high amount of Damage. If you are on low health do not attack anyone, run away from any Bullets that you see, and do not ram into anything since that will stop you from regenerating your health.
- Like the 4 Teams servers, it has four teams: red, blue, purple, and green.
- When a player dies, the player will join the killer’s team. If a Polygon or Boss kills a player, the player will respawn in the same team.
- Players can’t become fully invisible, unlike the other Gamemodes.
- This game mode has triple experience points gain similar to the removed Mothership.
- The battle area shrinks as time proceeds.
- There are no bases, similar to Free For All, Survival, Maze, Sandbox and the removed Mothership Gamemode. Instead players will spawn randomly all over the map.
- Once a team captures every player, that team wins and the arena will be closed, as shown in the image above.
As of now, we noticed that a couple of glitches exist in the Tag game mode. They are the following:
- When killing a player, it is possible for them to remain on their team after death.
- If a team manages to get all the players in its team, it is possible for it to glitch and no one would win.
These are the only glitches known yet, and they do not seem to happen seperately
- It was originally added on June 5th but soon removed 2 hours later due to lag. It was later re-added on August 15th.
- Players directly became a member of the opposing team at that time when they got killed, contrary to the common belief that Players become a member of the opposing team upon respawn.
- As of August 17th, the map slowly gets smaller as time progresses. Previously, they grew and shrunk as players joined and left the server respectively, much like Sandbox.
- As of August 23rd, the Game Mode now has 4 teams, adding the colors Purple and Green.
- During August 26th, the Game Mode had a Dominator in the middle of the servers, inside the Pentagon Nest.
- The Dominator was soon removed on August 27th.
- As of November 12th, Tag has been renamed from Tag Mode to Tag. The win condition and gimmicks stay the same.
- There's technically no way to lose; since the winning team is the one that gets all the players onto it, respawning to join the winning team while the winning team wins automatically makes you win as well.
- If you join in between arena closure and the team winning message, however, you can be on another team using the way Tag death works. Also, if you are the last surviving member of the team opposing the winning team, you can get killed by a Polygon/Boss and respawn in the same team, though the other team would have won.
- Tag is the only game mode in which the player can switch teams without rejoining.
- Tag is also the only mode to have teams but with no bases, besides the removed Mothership.
- It is unknown why there no bases in this team mode. it may be because that players could stay in their ally base as long as they want, preventing the enemy teams from killing that player, which isn't fair at all. Then the game would have to end without a winner.
- Tag mode's party links are unsharable. It is one of 4 game modes that don't allow links to be shared: Survival, FFA and Maze are the others
|Removed Game Modes|