|This article needs some cleanup. Refer to the Style Guide for more details. Make this article spotless or the Fallen Booster will give you an F!|
|The subject of this article is no longer in Diep.io! Please keep note while reading that this feature is archived and cannot be done/played in Diep.io anymore. It has now Fallen.|
Team Deathmatch, TDM or Team DM in short, refers to the two Game Modes 2 Teams and 4 Teams in Diep.io. These Game Modes once were together as a single Game Mode known as Team DM, having some servers with 2 Teams and some with 4 Teams; they were later split into two separate Game Modes 2 Teams and 4 Teams. In both of these Game Modes, players work in either two or four teams rather than all fighting against each other as in FFA. These Game Modes have regular EXP gain.
SpawnThe player either can spawn in either in the blue strip that takes up the left side of the arena, or the red strip that takes up the right side of the arena or a blue, red, green, or purple corner (they had no choice in which mode they wanted, forcing players to reload constantly to get the one they wanted — this is why the gamemode was split). This determines their team, and they duke it out in the middle. Players of one team cannot shoot into the opposing team’s Base, as enemy bullets are instantly destroyed upon contact with it. Players also cannot enter the enemy team’s spawn area, as they will be instantly stopped and will begin taking rapid and high damage bursts against the invisible wall (refer to the Trivia section regarding why there is an invisible wall in addition to the visible border of the neutral map color and the spawn room).
The players are divided into two teams or four teams depending on the server, which are red and blue, the two additional teams in some servers are purple and green. Tanks of the same team can’t directly deal damage to each other, and they can ‘push’ each other without taking any body damage.
The spawn areas are defended by Protectors, tiny triangles (which are even smaller than Drones and Red Triangles) with a ridiculously large health pool who can chase down any player from the other team but will turn back at a certain point.There are 15 groups of 2 Protectors spread over each team’s Base. Each group is circling around its own area, so the whole Base can be protected. If you spawn in an arena with four teams, then all 15 Protectors will be together in the middle of the base.
The Protectors will not leave their team’s zone unless an opponent is within proximity. Protectors continue to seek until any opponent is out of range. Although there are methods of evasion, the simplest of which is to run until you’re out of range from the Protectors.
Before August 22nd, 2016, Protectors didn’t target any bosses, but now they target the Fallen ones.
Arena Closers only appear on this map if any one of the following requirements are met:
- Diep.io is being updated.
- Certain number of player kills.
- Certain length of time any team has been dominating the Scoreboard. All 10 slots have to be filled by this team before the countdown begins (countdown time is about 10 minutes).
- The blue strip located on the left marks the spawning area for the Blue team. In a four team game, it is the blue corner on the top left.
- The red strip located on the right marks the spawning area for the Red team. In a four team game, it is the red corner on the bottom right.
- The purple corner located on the top right marks the spawning area for the Purple team.
- The green corner located on the bottom left marks the spawning area for the Green team.
- Before August 23th, there were only red and blue teams. Then it was updated to randomly have either red and blue or red, blue, purple and brown. Then later the same day, the brown color was replaced with green, since it looked similar to red.
- Before July 14th, the team areas were blue in the top left, and red in the bottom right. This feature was changed after the update adding brown/green and purple.
- In the September 18th update, this gamemode was split into 2 other game modes: 2 Teams and 4 Teams, eliminating the need to constantly reload to get the desired server.
- All the other features of gameplay are similar to FFA (for example the Pentagon Nest and the Crashers protecting it).
- Protectors can destroy Polygons, assuming that the Polygon either spawned in the Protector’s path, or was pushed into it. Once this happens, they will repeatedly attack it until it dies.
- Although there is the visible color border of the spawn room and the neutral map’s color, the actual invisible wall of the spawn that blocks/damages enemy players from intruding into the base is slightly behind the visible color border.
- Note that the invisible barrier that only blocks bullets is placed directly on top of the visible color border, and not where the player collision wall is.
- Also note that when a player contacts and continues ramming into the player collision wall, they will rapidly be pushed downwards towards the bottom of the map (even if they were moving upwards diagonally). The speed at which they are pushed downwards FAR exceeds any normal tank speed in the game, even to the extent of being faster than an Arena Closer’s movement speed. It is unknown why downwards is the forced direction instead of just recoiling the player away from the wall.
- There has been a rumor that if you have low health and move quickly into and out of the base, you will receive super fast regen health. You must wait at least 6-8 seconds outside your base, then move in and out, then if you start moving quickly away from your base, you will gain faster regeneration. But as regular regeneration starts at 10 seconds, this method is only effective when you’re against a wall and the other team is dominating. This is assuming you have ZERO Skill Points invested in regeneration.
|Removed Game Modes|