The Trapper is one of the four Upgrade choices from the Sniper and can be selected at Level 30. The Trapper is able to further upgrade into the Tri-Trapper, Mega Trapper, Overtrapper, Auto Trapper and Gunner Trapper.
- It replaces the Bullets with Traps.
- Increases the projectile Damage and Penetration
|Health Regen||Max Health||Body Damage||Bullet Speed||Bullet Penetration||Bullet Damage||Reload||Movement Speed||Field of View|
The Traps it uses initially move at a fast speed from the Launcher and travel a short distance. Then the Traps quickly decelerate to a stop and will remain where they are, dealing damage to any enemy tanks and Polygons who touch them. Traps can be destroyed with enemy Bullets or enemy Body Damage, however touching them is not recommended due to their high damage. The duration of time in which the Traps remain before they despawn, and the Traps' health, is dependent on how high the player's Bullet Penetration is. It's important to note that the Traps can be pushed around by enemy Bullets.
- Strong Against: Body damage builds, low DPS tanks.
- Weak Against: Powerful ranged attackers, Tanks in the Sniper branch, high DPS tanks.
As the Trapper
- The main thing to do is to be a third-party in battles. Never directly get involved or pick fights. Get close to two tanks brawling it out, and begin setting up Traps behind. That way, when a tank tries to escape, it is killed within the walls of your minefields, or since it can’t escape, the tank that was originally fighting it.
- When fighting faster tanks, like the Booster, Tri-Angle, or Fighter: As they chase you shoot backwards at them, or begin moving in circles as to create a ring of traps. Because Body Damage builds have a lack of Bullet Damage, should you trap or corner one, they would be forced to run through the minefield and take massive damage as they cannot destroy the traps faster than you can replenish them.
- You can move through your spike Traps, enemies can’t however. Constantly move in and out to bait enemies to move forward, and begin trapping them, as the name would suggest.
- The Trapper is not called the Trapper for its stationary spikes, it’s what you can do with those spikes that can really cause some damage. Surrounding and cornering players in spike prisons are just some of the hazards you can create.
- The Trapper is a very useful tank in Teams. Because the traps are durable, especially the Mega Trapper's, and they remain in place, trapper-types can set up a ring of traps for players to rest in and regen while shooting others. Alternatively, scatter traps all over the place for area denial. Enemy players will need to weave through the traps, but your team's tanks can easily move over them without being damaged.
- In Teams, small outposts can be built using the Trapper. If these are positioned near the Pentagon Nest, players can use your wall, or ring of Traps as a protective area to farm from. Enemy bullets are stopped by the Traps, and ramming tanks are rendered virtually useless. A group of high RoF tanks, however, can destroy the Traps.
Against the Trapper
The Gunner and the Streamliner are useful for fighting a Trapper. The skinny bullets can fit through the gaps between the traps and hit the Trapper. It is best to max out Bullet Damage to deal fast damage against the Trapper.
The Destroyer, and its branch offs, especially the Skimmer, could destroy the traps with ease and can break through the shield or go through their blind spots. Then you can one or two shot the Trapper. Be careful, it may take multiple hits to break through the shield depending on the number of traps, this will give time for the Trapper to escape.
- This is the first tank to place “Traps” which are a unique type of ammunition. Its all next Upgrades also use Traps as their weapon.
- It was one of the two tanks that had a name upon official release of the July 18th update, the other being the Tri-Trapper. The Mega Trapper was named later that day.
- The Trapper, alongside the Tank, and previously the Gunner and the Overseer have the second highest amount of Upgrades, being 5.
- The Overseer has the highest, with 6
- Since the Traps of the Trapper and its upgrades do not disappear instantly when they die, it makes the Trapper and its upgrades to be the only tanks that can cause kills over 5-7 seconds after they die.
- There is a glitch for traps. When a player dies as a Trapper, the traps laid down will lose their player tag and therefore can damage anyone, even if they are on the Trapper's original team. Some will turn into other team colors.