Brand New Feature
The News Team is elated to announce that Diep.io has yet another update, and this one is unlike any other! A pack of Achievements have been added to the game. They are saved using Cookies and can be earned for anything from ramming objects to playing with extreme lag. There’s even one, “Shiny”, which unlocks for finding a Green Square! You can easily view them on the home screen by hovering over the right side, showing a beautiful and scrollable gallery of all the Achievements. Once one has been unlocked, it gets colorized! Find out more about this colorful and jovial feature... who knows, maybe you have something new for the page!
Wiki Event News
The first Sandbox will be in the Chat on Saturday, February 25th, at 6 PM Eastern Time (EST). The forum session will last from 6 PM EST to 7 PM EST, & the Sandbox Gaming session will last from 7 PM EST to 8 PM EST (participants can stay longer if they wish).
If anyone has a topic or question for the Sandbox, be sure to put it on the Sandbox Talk Page so that the Administrators can get to each person’s Topic one-at-a-time. The Administrators guarantee that each person’s first topic will be addressed; after they have all been addressed, then secondary topics can be addressed for the remainder of the hour. There will be other Sandboxes later on if a topic is missed.
The Contest will close on Sat, 25 February 2017. The Contest is almost done! Any last-minute submissions must be entered soon. The Wordmarks are increasing in variety and the News Team wishes the best for all contributors. Vote now!
Ghost Battle Tournament
After multiple expulsions, the tournament has finally moved on to the semi-finals! We still have issues with player activity, but with the expulsions lurking as a threat, the participants should become more active now.
Congrats to our semi-finalists!
And a hearty congratulations to our first Finalist!
As usual, there is a Reward at stake.
Hopefully, by Friday, the Semi-finals will be completed and the tournament will move on to the Grand Finale.
Banarama created a thread for new tournament ideas. The thread is expanding everyday and is filled with interesting suggestions for future tourneys.
The current Ghost Battle tournament was suggested by QUEEN AYSHA.
Although the chat add-ons were lagging the module, we can afford to reintroduce one script. You can vote for the script in a thread created by Banarama. The most favored script will be reintroduced on Monday or Tuesday.
Decide wisely, as this will be the only add-on in the chat (for now).
- Installed TwitterFollowButton sitewide.
- Rolled out a Main Page Module highlighting foreign language Wikis.
- Added Twitter Module to the Main Page side rail.
- Changed Main Header Font to PT Serif.
- We finally have an official Twitter page!
- However, the Twitter currently has not been used much. If you’d like to keep it, or close it, vote in the related Opinion Poll!
- Finally returned the Sandbox page to its original position after deleting all 2,000 of the old spam comments, which required that it be moved in the first place.
Wiki Policy News
We are currently in the process of demoting our inactive Founder, who has only eight edits and is not strongly connected to our wiki. He will remain respected, but no longer have Staff powers as he is sorely inactive. If you want to back us up, or beg to differ with the decision, feel free to leave comments — nothing has been set in stone.
News Team Members
More members for the News Team are still needed urgently. If you have writing expertise and want to help inform the community of the brand-new happenings around, plus gain neat Perks, now is the time to show off your skills! Write high-quality blogs that pique the interest of the admins, and you just might be invited!
This week was a mild one for demotions, but more are possible in coming weeks as the Sentinel rank has been closed, and all current Sentinels are advised to stay at the top of activity with plenty of Chat patrolling, article editing/patrolling, and general contributions — failure to comply may result in ejection for underuse of their powers.
There are no Interns to be kicked, yay!
- Chapsteck4yurlipis — Borderline call, demoted for difficulty in sustaining activity.
- Oo1oo2oo3oo4 — Resignation.
- Robotguy39; due to your experience, dedication, and activity, you have become an Intern! Congratulations!
Invitations for Promotion
- Tonn Lenk; though you have been rejected from joining Staff due to inactivity, your recent blog post was very well made. If you can increase in activity once again, we are formally inviting you to join the News Team. Talk to Nobellion if you are interested in joining.
- Jimmy is back; if you can sustain activity throughout the wiki, you may be considered for Junior Moderator as you can easily patrol Off-Topic. Talk to Ursuul if you are interested so you know what to do.
- Nobellion; you have been persistent and proactive recently, contributing a variety of crafts from coding to wordmarks. As a result, you are formally invited to Junior Moderator — talk to Ursuul if you are interested.
Due to Administrators being busy with personal or content-related projects, most of the Future Projects outlined in last week’s update have been put on hold this Week; however, Monobook, the Main Page, & the Community Corner have undergone several expansions in spite of this, & we hope to sink into the projects again as soon as is possible.
On Hold Plans
- Infobox Theme
- Franken Forum Board Rules
- Community-To-Do-List overhaul
- New Oasis Theme
Of the original seven Monobook goals, this is the current level of progression:
- Monobook Wordmark ✖
- Sidebar Overhaul ✓ — Finished
- Button Restyles ○ — Largely complete; still a few more to go.
- Hover Restyles ○ — Partially complete.
- Table Restyles ✖
- Tabber Restyles ○ — Initiated.
- Comments Section Bug Fix ✖
Besides those, the News Team is happy to announce that the Monobook Community Page was completely overhauled; it now matches the theme, instead of being contrastingly white.
Repurposed Community Corner
The Community Corner has had some renovations; general information is now available to new editors who wish to be initiated in the Wiki. However, there is still much more designing & restructuring to be done before it is finished.
Revamped Main Page
It is still a long way from being finished, but we do have some new Modules. In addition, the Admins intend to add another module to showcase the Editor of the Month each month; the first such individual will be the winner of the Wordmark Contest.
Want to receive notifications on the latest Weekly Updates? Then click here to follow this blog.