Hey-O-Lads. Sorry for being late again, I’m only one Admin, but I hope this WU is up to standards with the rest.
Due to unanticipated complications with page Categorization, Discussions, and linking, the Merge has been delayed. Links have been corrected on the ToD: namespace, but there is still some sweeping to do in the Concept: namespace. Discussions have been completely cleaned up, and categorization is expected to begin soon. However, none of these setbacks make much difference in the overall pace of the Merge, because the administrators cannot begin the importing of pages until the file transfer is completed by Fandom Staff, which could happen at any time.
Therefore, as stated in this thread, it is recommended that any conceptions be made as blogs until the content from DCoW has been transferred over. After that, the blogs can be moved into the appropriate namespaces.
Forum Merge Decisions
The DCoW Forum was successfully moved into the DCoW Discussions area, but Fandom Staff had to delay the merge from DCoW Discussions to DW Discussions until this week. This delay allowed administrators time to organize and clean up DCoW Discussions beforehand, but a problem was quickly discovered. The problem being, that roughly three quarters of the 200 threads were either game threads, personal announcements, roleplaying, spam, generally low quality posts, or announcements about policies no longer applicable to this Wiki. After discussing the problem, Zathsu and Ursuul agreed that the problematic posts should not be brought over in the Discussions merge, but as that is no longer possible, they will instead come over as deleted (archived) posts.[Note 1]
Code Merge complete
All CSS, JS, & anything else of note technically has been merged with DW. All that remains is the Medals script, and those will be transferred near the end of the merge after Graviatar has completed the new DCoW Edit Medals.
Social Merge complete
Beyond scattered message wall conversations, DCoW Community members have joined this Wiki with a will. Once raw content can be brought over, the Merge will be effectively, if not officially, complete.
General Overview / TL;DR
While the Merge has experienced some setbacks and delays, it is still expected to be completed on-schedule by the end of the general outline. Roadblocks are slowly being surmounted, and the Merge is expected to be completed successfully.
- Written by Ursuul
Wiki Policy News
NEW WU RELEASE DATES
Since this and the previous Weekly Updates were released on Tuesday, we are just going to take it in stride and make Tuesday the new release date for WUs.
Editor of the Month named!
Though a tough (and delayed) decision, several Administrators agreed that we could bend the usual ban on awarding Staff with EotM, and present Tacocat247 with the title for July! Tacocat has thrown in his efforts for this Wiki with a will, correcting pages the moment he arrived; it is a perfect example of the kind of spirit we were looking for out of the Merge, so congratulations and job well done to Tacocat!
Personal Category Policy
As outlined in the Fanon Policies brought from DCoW, personal Categories will not be allowed after the Merge has completed (they would’ve been removed on DCoW before the Merge was even announced, but it was delayed). This section of the Policy News is simply reaffirming that the rule will not change, and will be fully enforced.
Promotions & Demotions
- Radium212 — Promoted to Junior Moderator for high editing standards, high activity, a helpful personality, and for his eagerness to moderate Discussions.
- QUEEN AYSHA — Demoted herself, resignation. Thanks for your service Aysh!
- Written by Ursuul
Today was a big, if boring, day for Tech updates, so let’s dive in!
- MediaWiki:Community-to-do-list has been moved to Template:Community-to-do-list so that normal Senior Moderators can edit it as needed. Admins will also notice that the “Edit List” link now leads to
Template:Community-to-do-list?action=edit, instead of
MediaWiki:Community-to-do-list?action=edit, to allow easier editing (this change was also part of the above JS).
- MediaWiki:Monobook.css was tweaked to ensure that certain elements, such as the Admin box border, now have the correct coloring to match our theme. Minor positional tweaks & bug fixes also occurred.
- Mix Gerder has helped with some of the i18n translations for our code, ensuring that they work for more users who speak different languages.
- AnonButtons were reinstalled since they haven’t been deleted by Rappy yet.
- MediaWiki:Chat.js imports were tweaked.
- MediaWiki:ListUsers/code.js has been tweaked so that most general User-Groups will work.
- MediaWiki:Topic/code.js was tweaked so that it wouldn’t be so lopsided.
- Previous infobox CSS made each and every infobox identical. We have moved away from that in favor of a theme-based system, which styles individual infoboxes. The infobox theme used on this Wiki is called “sixdiep,” and applies to all of our basic infoboxes, so little will have changed. However, with MediaWiki:Themes.css now online, any infobox themes made on DCoW will automatically work the moment they are brought over to our Wiki.
- Aesthetically, a few minor tweaks mere made to some infoboxes, such as the History Article infoboxes.
- General spring cleaning & reorganization of CSS occurred across the site.
Excess templates removed
Unused, default infoboxes such as the “Book,” and “Character” infobox have been deleted as they were not needed. This is part of a general effort to clean up and organize infoboxes.
- Written by Ursuul
- Written by Ursuul
- ↑ The “Discussion Posts” count on the User Profile Masthead will go up for those users who posted in the DCoW Forum at some point. However, they will not go up as much as initially anticipated because three quarters of the DCoW Forum will be left behind. If your posts were primarily in game threads or roleplaying, then don’t expect it to increase very much, if at all.