Although slow at times, boatloads of stuff occurred this week & now that FANDOM has released the ETA on their new Headers, we will need to scramble to prepare. But you’ll read all about it later, for now, dig in!
Wiki Event News
The latest Sandbox was quite productive. We agreed on a timeline for the History Project & scheduled a time for the upcoming art contest. If you’d like to take part in Wiki decision-making, or simply to game, come to the next Sandbox on Saturday, June 3rd, from 9 AM EST to 10 AM EST, after which there is an hour of Diep-gaming.
Russian Wiki to join the Community App
As most people who have the Community App are aware, you can choose to view either this Wiki or the Chinese Wiki. Now that the Russian is set up, & Discussions will soon be enabled there, they will be able to join the Community App & users will be able to view the Russian Wiki & engage in Russian in the near future.
New Italian & German Diep.io Wikis
The Italian Wiki has actually been around for roughly a month, & was only recently discovered, but the German Wiki was created only a few days ago. Warm thanks to Mors123 & JK55556 for founding the Wikis. If anyone speaks German or Italian, go lend them a hand!
Tank Building Contest
Each category has been narrowed down to 4 final tanks. Please, vote for your favorite tanks at the TBC Threads linked below!
Special Note to our Judges: Please check your Walls frequently for important updates on the Tank Building Contest.
Wiki Policy News
After a few necessary procedures, we can finally re-enable chat on our wiki. This means that the next sandbox will have occurred peacefully. If you have any issues with this move, please contact any of our Staff.
Promotions & Demotions
- Underslime — Promoted to Senior Moderator for continuous editing and activity.
New User Greeting
While there still isn’t enough motivation to do the needed expansions, such as making the Monobook Main Page match the Oasis Main Page, several maintenance projects were completely (listed below).
- UserTags was amended to allow all Tags to have the same styles as they do in Oasis, whereas before they were each identical.
- Several broken buttons in Monobook were fixed to mirror the black, square style.
- External Links and the
.plainlinksclass were amended so that the colors are uniform across the skin, no matter what templates or classes used.
Main Page Revamp!
As per this thread, the main page, which currently looks rather like a glorified (though less aesthetically pleasing) article, is set to be revamped! Bye bye hard-to-maintain and finicky navigation modules, hello to bright images and great-looking headers. Make sure to leave your feedback as we work out the details of this exciting new change!
New Base Font
We have been reconsidering changing the base font (What I’m typing in) on this wiki. We have narrowed down a list of suggested fonts to five fonts. To demonstrate these five fonts, we have placed each font as the base font on each on the Boss pages. Look through ’em so you know which one you like best!
- The Traditional Chinese interlanguage flag was updated.
- Modified Flags was updated to include the new Italian and German Wikis.
New Headers to be released
Earlier this week, FANDOM announced the release-date of the new Headers: June 12th. Around that date, all Wikis will begin using the new Headers (as can be seen here & here). Here’s some things that will change as a result:
- A new diep-graphic will need to be created for the Header. There will likely be a contest of some sort, but it will not begin until the Tank Building Contest is finally over & we know the proper dimensions from FANDOM.
- Discussions will be linked before Forum; Forum will be linked in the “Explore” menu, while Discussions will be prominently linked as a top-level Tab. This cannot be changed.
- The “Administration” Tab in the TopNav will eventually be merged with the “Community” Tab.
- The “Diep.io” Tab will eventually be split into two Tabs, one about Tanks & one about Gameplay mechanics, in order to display more content & make it feel less “cramped”.
No CSS or JS Customizations allowed
Councilors knew about this beforehand, but this information was only released to the public last Monday. What this portends for the rest of FANDOM cannot be said, but it does mean several things for the Diep.io Wiki:
- All current CSS customizations will soon be removed from the TopNav, leaving it default, in preparation for the change. Expect this to occur anywhere between June 4th & June 11th.
- JS customizations, mainly the addition of Discussions link to “On the Wiki,” will be simultaneously removed.
- Button.css will be overhauled to prevent the new Edit Buttons from being styled. The Buttons will remain styled elsewhere, such as in modules & perhaps user pages, but the majority of Buttons will be forced into the default state. There’s no set ETA on when this will occur.
- Modified Flags will be uninstalled, & perhaps even deleted, since they will not be allowed in the new Headers & they will also be redundant; the new Headers have official support for Interlanguage Links built-in.
<h1>Headers (page titles only), which are currently in the font Ubuntu, will be forced to revert to Helvetica Neue, the default font.
- AnonButtons, which replaces “view source” with “Sign in to edit” for anonymous users, will most likely be removed.