It’s been an exciting Week for Diep.io! We have a lot to cover, so leeeeeeeet’s get roooooooight into the noooooooooose!
The News Team are thoroughly pleased to announce that there have been a great many updates, with no sign of of them slowing. The latest update is a new tank, while the other two pertain to Achievements & Survival.
The Unnamed Destroyer upgrade, as it is being called currently, has a circular body with its barrels appearing similar to a shortened Destroyer barrel overlapping a Machine Gun barrel. The bullets themselves have two small cannons at their back.
Only Polygons grant XP; killing enemies does not. This will force players to prioritize their attacks to the surrounding Polygons first until they are powerful enough to begin fighting other players, which will likely lengthen the duration of each match by a small degree. In addition, the number of players required to begin a match are now numbered in a countdown.
EDIT: In addition, the progress toward acquiring each achievement is now numbered as a percentage. If, for example, a player has killed a single Boss, then the progress toward acquiring the “Boss Hunter” Achievement will display “10%”.
The number of acquired Achievements are now displayed, & a fourth batch of achievements were released, now totaling 50. These are the most recently released achievements:
|1||Now you really ain’t sneaking up on me||Upgrade to Twin Flank|
|2||Insert uncreative achievement name here||Upgrade to Assasin|
|3||Huntin’||Upgrade to Hunter|
|4||Eat those pellets!||Upgrade to Gunner|
|5||BUILD A WALL||Upgrade to Trapper|
|6||Can’t bother using both hands to play?||Upgrade to Auto 3|
|7||Where did my cannon go?||Upgrade to Smasher|
|8||2fast4u||Upgrade Movement Speed to its maximum value|
|9||Ratatatatatatatata||Upgrade Reload to its maximum value|
|10||More dangerous than it looks||Upgrade Bullet Damage to its maximum value|
|11||Mach 4||Upgrade Bullet Speed to its maximum value|
|12||There’s no stopping it!||Upgrade Bullet Penetration to its maximum value|
|13||Don’t touch me||Upgrade Body Damage to its maximum value|
|14||Self-repairing||Upgrade Health Regen to its maximum value|
|15||Indestructible||Upgrade Maximum Health to its maximum value|
Official Changelog Excerpt
March 2nd, 2017
- New unnamed class, branches off Destroyer
February 26th 2017
- Survival mode XP tweaks
- Kills no longer give XP
- XP multiplier changed from 3x to 5x
Unmentioned Changes Excerpt
March 2nd, 2017
- Achievements now have a percentage to how much of it is completed.
February 26th, 2017
- There’s now a player number countdown in Survival.
February 25th, 2017
- The total number of Achievements is now displayed at the top e.g. “34 out of 50 unlocked”
- There are now 50 achievements. (Fourth Batch)
Wiki Event News
The votes have been counted! The top three will go to the Administrators for consideration; they shall choose the winner. After ruling out accounts that are less than one month old, we have the following three submissions moving on:
- Nobellion’s second wordmark — 12 Votes, as TimChen28 is not qualified to vote
- Kuro’s first wordmark — 11 Votes, as TetsuoArakawa is not qualified to vote
- Nobellion’s third wordmark — 10 Votes, as TimChen28 is not qualified to vote
Congratulations to those who move onward, the final winner shall be announced in the next Weekly Update. Thanks to all who submitted wordmarks, they were greatly appreciated.
The winner shall be chosen as soon as the Administrators can get together to properly vote.
Ghost Battle Tourney
Due to the mass exodus of participants, the Ghost Tournament has been cancelled. Apologies to all who fought so hard & waited so patiently; there was little other choice.
Due to the failures in both of the previous tournaments, it may be some time before another is held. Frequent requests from individuals who want to participate may increase the chances of another being held however, so be sure to make your voices heard.
A thread has been created to decide whether to keep the Twitter Module, discard it completely, or introduce a short, continuously updated “News Brief” module for those who don’t like the long Weekly Updates.
When the Achievements update was installed, a few things were brought up:
Because of this, we need you to help fix up the pages, links etc. as this will reduce the workload on everyone greatly if everyone chips in. We advise you to use the Special:WhatLinksHere page to fix up the links, but the rest is up to you. Thanks, Nobellion
Wiki Policy News
Rollbacks now have the ability to Block users just like Administrators. This was done by Fandom for the Diep.io Wiki only at the request of Ursuul; this will make it easier to keep persistent vandals at bay while Administrators are away or asleep.
Mr Mewshmellow Demoted
The deed has been done; MrMewshmellow has been demoted. He will still be respected as the one who started it all, but without his user-rights he will no longer be a vital or powerful member of the wiki community.
News Team Members
More members for the News Team are still needed urgently. If you have writing expertise and want to help inform the community of the brand-new happenings around, plus gain neat perks, now is the time to show off your skills! Write high-quality blogs that pique the interest of the admins, and you just might be invited!
More demotions are possible with the Sentinel rank closed, and all current Sentinels should increase their activity as soon as possible or risk demotion.
- QUEEN AYSHA — Resignation.
- Nobellion; with your astonishing proactivity and contributions, from Photoshopping to news-writing, you have been quickly promoted to Content Moderator, giving you power over our content. Keep up the good work!
- Smgamermat77; your eye for grammar fixes and quality English skills have earned you a position on the News Team! Make sure to catch ’em all!
From now onward, dev & infrastructural changes will be recorded in this Tab instead of in the Wiki Event News Tab.
What likely brought most people to this blog, our Wiki’s favorite Code Wizard has written a new script that allows us to expediently issue notifications to the entire Wiki. A massive round of applause for the once-admin Count of Howard!
Özün Oldun is finally up & running. For those who do not remember, Özün Oldun was once Ursuul’s first attempt at creating a Chat Bot, but resulted in failure many months ago. However, it is now fully utilized, & so long as it stays in chat (which should be 24/7 depending on how long the secondary PC lasts), all conversation will be logged here. Özün Oldun logs chat in increments roughly five to ten minutes apart, although occasionally fails due to bugs, & unless it is being piloted by an Administrator, will not say or do anything but quietly record.
Beyond logging chat, Özün Oldun will also be used by the Diep.io Wiki Administration to carry out mass edits to dozens of pages without those edits filling up the Recent Changes page. All administrators will be given or have been given the password for Özün Oldun, & so if use of this bot is required by anyone, such as to rename a page, go to an administrator & they will help you.
Oasis Skin Overhaul
The Administrators are proud to announce that the Oasis Theme overhaul is underway! Here is a list of changes:
|Wikia Bar Wrapper||
- Emoticons Window was reinstalled at the Community’s request, but had to be uninstalled once again as it was interfering with the Bot script.
- The Chat Module was updated to contain a link to the Chat Log Hub.
- Chat Rules were moved from Project:Rules/Chat to Project:Chat.
It has been an incredibly busy week for this Wiki’s Administrators! Many of the previously on hold plans are completely finished, but even still there are some that had to take a back seat.
Revamped Main Page
This is to be the main focus this coming Week. Expect a new Editor of the Month Module, & then rapidly compartmentalizing left column modules.
- Infobox Theme — The current styles are finally finished!
- Oasis Theme — While there is more to do, the Oasis overhaul is firmly underway!
On Hold Plans
- Monobook Expansion — It has been completely sidelined in favor of the sudden Oasis overhaul initiated by Banarama.
- Franken Forum Board Rules — Likely won’t be finished until the normal Forums are about to be closed by Fandom.
- Community-To-Do-List Overhaul — It has fallen by the wayside, but will be revamped as time permits.
- Community Corner Overhaul — It has completely stagnated. The Admin who took up the project has been very busy, but perhaps a newer Admin will take up the task in the near future.